1. I’ve been feeling uninspired lately, in a lot of areas of life. I know a large part of this is the weather. Winter is kicking my ass, I hit my winter wall several weeks ago. My seasonal affective disorder has kicked in. I will be glad to move the clocks this weekend and regain some sunlight in my life. Right now, when I leave work, its dark and I’m longing to sit on my deck, drink wine, and feel the sunshine on my skin. I’ve had to change my plans several times due to the snow. Last weekend we had another 8 inches. I’m shaking my fist at you, Mother Nature. Here’s hoping warmer temperatures are on the horizon.
2. Due to the winter, I haven’t left the confines of my valley in months. I’m hoping to roadtrip to DC as soon as I have a free weekend and the weather cooperates. While I do indeed choose to live in my little valley, I feel like my best self when I can get out and go. I am looking forward to feeling the urban vibe soon. And maybe making a longer road trip later in the Spring, to see a few friends in the South. I know, I know….I am not really a fan of all things South but this is what 4 months of snow and ice do to a person. I do miss the few friends I made in GA and a few friends from my valley live in Jacksonville. Tour de East Coast perhaps?
3. My blog is in desperate need of an overhaul. The information in my bio is woefully outdated. I really need to make the time to update that and a few other pages. Sometimes I forget that people actually look at my blog on a computer and aren’t just accessing it through their smart phones. Its been a long time since I’ve messed with the management of my blog, here’s hoping I remember how.
4. My mom and I are in the beginning stages of planning a big trip for next year to Alaska. Have you been? We are going to do a cruise and other than signing up to get all the mail and email from various tour companies and sites, I don’t know what all else this entails. If you have gone, please share your knowledge with me! What do we absolutely need to see or do? Have a cruise line you would recommend over another? We’ll likely book through a travel agent because trying to figure out everything out on our own is a bit overwhelming. Tips, secrets, and suggestions are welcome!
5. I had breakfast earlier in the week with someone from my college years. She’s a creative soul and our breakfasts include inspiring discussions about books, unblocking creativity, inspirations, and intentions. Its refreshing to have someone to talk about these things with face to face. Our latest discussion has me ruminating on a few things I’m hoping to write about this weekend, as posts for next week.
Have a great weekend, friends!