- I left Ohio on a Thursday morning. Literally fifteen minutes away from my home, I was involved in an accident on the interstate with a tractor trailer that totaled my car. Thankfully, I walked away from the accident completely unharmed. My car, upon initial thoughts, would just need some body work, but the drivers side of the front end of the car is what took the jolt of the impact leading to some damage of the engine and transmission. Less than two hours later I was back on the road to Georgia with my grandfather, brother, and mom.
- I arrived at my duplex on Friday morning and was pleasantly surprised. Its roomy, cozy, and comfortable. I had rented the apartment sight unseen and there's always a bit of trepidation in doing that. My mom quickly went to work unpacking, organizing and helping me set up. She was incredibly wonderful. Did I mention that she left her car here in Georgia so I would have a way to get around? She flew home and is using one of my brothers vehicles for the time being. My family is seriously the best.
- I started a new job that after the first day I had a gut feeling I wasn't going to like. There are some aspects of the job that I'm not comfortable doing, things that I brought up in the interview and again before finally accepting the job. I was assured that it wasn't going to be an issue as its not a big aspect of the position, only to find out that it is indeed a huge aspect of the job. As in, one of the main duties.This is where my heart started to sink a bit but I still had hope that all would be ok.
- The more I learned about the position I moved here for and the town I am now living in, the more I began to dislike it. The town is rural. Really, really rural and even more in the middle of no where than where I come from. So rural that even the nearest decent grocery store is 40 minutes away.
- On Friday, some things happened at the office that pretty much cemented the fact that this position/town and I aren't going to be a good fit. As disheartening as that is, its also freeing in a way. Coming to that conclusion and actually voicing it out loud gave me the power to say, "Ok, so this isn't going to work, now what happens next." And then, to actually go about doing something about it.
- I've decided to start sending out resumes over the weekend. I'm staying here for the time being, but only because I need a job. I will be working for a paycheck, not because I'm doing something I am passionate about.
Now, tell me, what's been going on in your world?