This weekend was the sort of weekend that left me thoroughly and completely exhausted in a way that is totally satisfying (and perhaps wishing for just one more day to catch up on sleep). It was the sort of weekend where I was too busy living to be bothered much with laundry, cleaning, or other tasks I said I was going to tackle, but really had no intention of doing. The weekend was a whirlwind of friends, emotions, and moments that I want to bottle up and save for a far off time in the future.
• There was an afternoon of complete solitude, lying on a grassy hill reading a book, writing an old fashioned letter to a friend, and dozing in the warm sun while my dog slept by side.
• There was the morning of running errands with my mom that stretched into several hours that involved walking around rows and rows of flowers and exploring a vast expanse of land that my brother is thinking of purchasing.
• The weekend involved hugging and comforting a friend as her relationship ended. Reminding her that she has so much ahead of her, and a gathering that proved friends, wine, and laughter can help a broken heart.
• While discussing various songs that needed to be on her wedding playlist with another friend, there was an impromptu karaoke session which included ridiculous duets and Beatles tunes resulting in the sort of laughter that renders you breathless, causes tears to stream down your cheeks and makes your sides to hurt.
• There was a myriad of efforts that went into assisting with a birthday celebration for a friend’s father. Cooking, decorating, shopping-- all fun and worth every second to see so many people gathering to celebrate such a wonderful individual.
• This weekend included a lot of time sitting around the kitchen table with the people I’m honored to call my friends and family while kids ran in various directions, people leaned against the kitchen cupboards with their hands folded around a wine glass, forks clinked against plates while eating leftover birthday cake. There were hugs, tears, laughter, and the overwhelming sense of contentment.
It was one of those weekends that I glanced around at various moments seeing myself surrounded by so much beauty, life, chaos, celebration, heartbreak and love. These are the moments that make up this crazy thing called life. I absolutely treasure moments and weekends so full of life that I am constantly reminded how lucky I am to be surrounded by the amazing people in my little world.
Monday, April 26, 2010
fun times with friends|Love Me Some Weekend|Nights I'll Never Remember with Friends I'll Never Forget|You gotta have friends|