The past few weeks have been difficult. My mood has been down right gray, much like the long winter days that have settled in over my small town. I don't do cold very well; lately its become more and more evident that I need to live in a warmer climate. A place where I don't have to scrape snow and ice off my windshield on a daily basis. A place where I can actually walk outside, not just shuffle along over slush and salt.
Today the sun came out and my spirits were infinitely lifted. I've come to the conclusion seeing the sun on a nearly daily basis is vital to my existence. It makes me happy. Therefore, I'm sharing a few other things that basically made my day today:
* Going to the card store on my lunch hour to buy some random cards to send to my friends. Sending mail when its least expected is fun for me and I hope brightens the day of the friend who receives it. I also love finding the perfect card for the perfect person. I may have laughed out loud once or twice in the store. Do I have your address to send you a card?
* While in the grocery store this song came over the speakers.
I've seen Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons in concert before and this song always makes me smile. I may or may not have busted out some dance moves in the middle of the aisle. By may or may not have, I mean I totally did. Sometimes you just have to dance, even if it means strange looks from the other people buying cereal.
* Starbucks white chocolate mocha with raspberry flavoring. Enough said.
* Text messages and email exchanges with friends that just made my heart happier. A year or so ago I didn't know these great friends that I've met because of this little space on the internet and now I count them among my most trusted confidants.
* I'm currently watching The Goonies with my brother. Regardless of how many times I've seen this movie I will always stop what I am doing an watch. One of the best movies ever!
Whats making you happy today?